Monday, December 28, 2009

FAMIY GATHERING




December 23rd brought together four generations of family for fun, dinner, games, singing, photos, and lots of visiting. My grandmother who is 94, was unable to eat that evening and sat in awe of all 42 members of her family represented in one room during these few short hours. Several members were missing, including my husband. Had they all been present, the number would have grown to 50. In another year there could possibly be three more added to our clan. I sat amazed at the amount of family I have and how close we really all are even though much time lapses between our visits. Had my grandfather been present, it would have been his and grandmother's 72nd anniversary. As my mom reminded everyone, grandpa would have sat there and said, "Martha, look at what we started." In our day and age when so many families do not get along or they are scattered many directions, we all felt blessed to know the ties that exist still continue to be tied tight.

No comments:

Post a Comment